Thanks Julie Golean for a great recipe. By the way it only made 10 for me but I have a big muffin tin! And yes they are small but oh sooooo good.
pumpkin cornbread muffins
- 1/2 cup 100% white whole wheat flour (i used trader joe’s)
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup splenda baking blend
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup liquid egg substitute
- 1/3 cup quark (you could use greek yogurt etc)
preheat your oven to 375 degrees
1. in a bowl combine the dry ingredients (flour, cornmeal, sugar substitute, salt & baking powder) whisk them around until well combined.
2. in a seperate bowl combine the wet ingredients (pumpkin, egg substitute, & greek yogurt) and whisk together to make sure that all ingredients are combined thoroughly.
3. spray a 12 cup muffin pan with non stick spray and evenly distribute the muffin mixture into the pan.
4. allow to bake for about 20-23 minutes or 25ish if you like them a bit browned on top. remove from oven, turn off oven, and let cool.
5. pop out of tin and in to mouth!