Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Another recipe for the challenge!

I found this recipe HERE and it rocks!! These are great with soup, with jam with just about anything :)
Thanks Julie Golean for a great recipe. By the way it only made 10 for me but I have a big muffin tin! And yes they are small but oh sooooo good.


pumpkin cornbread muffins 
  • 1/2 cup 100% white whole wheat flour (i used trader joe’s)
  • 1/3 cup cornmeal
  • 1/4 cup splenda baking blend
  • 1/2 tbsp baking powder
  • pinch of salt
  • 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1/3 cup liquid egg substitute
  • 1/3 cup quark (you could use greek yogurt etc)
preheat your oven to 375 degrees
1. in a bowl combine the dry ingredients (flour, cornmeal, sugar substitute, salt & baking powder) whisk them around until well combined.
2. in a seperate bowl combine the wet ingredients (pumpkin, egg substitute, & greek yogurt) and whisk together to make sure that all ingredients are combined thoroughly.
3. spray a 12 cup muffin pan with non stick spray and evenly distribute the muffin mixture into the pan.
4. allow to bake for about 20-23 minutes or 25ish if you like them a bit browned on top. remove from oven, turn off oven, and let cool.
5. pop out of tin and in to mouth!

8 comments:

  1. I never would have thought to put pumpkin with corn muffins - love it!

    When I worked in Chicago I would walk at least three times a week to a restaurant called Heaven on Seven for their jalapeno corn bread - it was so moist, with crispy edges - now I need to make some!

    Thanks so much for your continued support these last couple weeks - I appreciate it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lookin' GOOD!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I had some canned pumpkin on hand! Those would be great with my soup tonight!

    I thought of you last night when I made a banana split with yogurt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now, these looks so gooood! Thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yum. Ever since you mentione dthem I've been daydreaming about them. Now I can eat them!
    Bwaha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm flunking this challenge. I haven't done any cooking at all lately.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey thanks for the receipe and I am going to try them this weekend. Thanks for you support lately on my blog and I am back and I will start making comments on your blog.

    ReplyDelete