Tuesday, February 22, 2011

An interesting day!


Last week was a new laptop, today is a new phone and Thursday will be a new camera :) Wow my hubby spoils me!!

Today started with some chocolate/banana protein pancakes with sf syrup! Was delicious I tell ya. I guess this could be one of my recipes for the challenge.

Chocolate banana protein pancakes (can use this in a waffle maker)
3 Tbsp whole wheat flour
2 Tbsp soy protein
1 tsp baking powder
1 Tbsp ground flax seed
1 tsp damara sugar (just helps to brown it for the waffles)
1 tsp cocoa unsweetened
1 tsp coconut oil (I find this helps the waffles to not stick plus i'm always low on fat)
5g cocao nibs
1/2 banana sliced(I actually used frozen banana slices)
2 egg whites
1/4-1/3c almond breeze

I like to blend all then put it into the pan and lay the banana slices on top. Serve with sugar free syrup!

Then I was off to a meeting to fix something that I did wrong last week. Yes I made a recording of events for the place I volunteer and later found out it wasn't in the system :( On the way i tried to take a picture of an officer on a horse, unfortunately the horse kept moving :)


After the meeting I was off to have coffee with Ralph and a couple of friends.

And then..... off to buy my phone. Now I don't use my phone much, just to call home or text my son or daughter, but Ralph would like me to have one so that when i'm on a walk if something happens I can call home.

Umm... update since when do phones come with no instructions!!!! I`m getting way to old for this.

A better update is that I managed to get a 20 minute weight workout in and a 60 minute walk.

And here are a few random pictures from today:

6 comments:

  1. Great pics, Suzy. Those pancakes look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzy the pancakes look good but I know I could not handle my banana in my pancakes. lol I don't care to much for mixing my foods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So...where might one find a husband like yours?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like big chunks of fruit in my pancakes either. Instead, I puree the fruit and add it to the batter. It's really yummy that way too. I can't tolerate mixed textures like that for some reason. *shudder*

    What kind of phone did you get? Mine came with little "quick start" instructions but for the full manual, I have to go online. Suits me fine because I can always find it that way AND I don't have another thing to store.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did end up finding help online but i'm still not too sure what i'm doing :)
    It's a telus iNQ 3G pay as you go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the pancakes look delicious. I've posted my recipe too and I might even try another.

    ReplyDelete