Friday, February 18, 2011

Still not 100%

But I'm feeling o.k to go to work today!!

Hopefully it won't get any worse this weekend.

Today was a strange day for eating. I stay well within my calories and I think I chose pretty healthy foods but it was one of those days where you just pick at small foods but quite often :) What I ended up doing was to make some protein waffles this morning which were really good and very filling!!

Then around 11 I started to feel hungry and yes I could quite easily have chosen high carbs but what I really wanted was protein. So what was going to be my lunch I divided into small snacks :)

So I started with almonds.

Next I had a very small pumpkin cornbread muffin.

After that I had some mango sprinkled with chili and lime

Next was a cheese stick

And last was some shrimp in a bit of chilli sauce.

And finally I was satisfied :) Now I can go to work and not have to worry about wanting to eat donuts!!

12 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for your comments this week - it means a lot!

    And when I walked into work today, there were two large boxes of dunkin donuts - didn't eat one! :D

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your lunch! Looks very tasty. What is the chili lime you sprinkle on the mango? Is it a single item on the spice aisle or your own special concoction?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mangoes with chili and lime...interesting. I heard that a little salt (bad stuff) is good on mangoes too to bring out the sweetness (???).

    Hope you are back to 100%, Suzi soon, although the lesser version is still pretty good. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mango with chili and lime. What a great combination. I'm going to try that one! Cheers, Rick

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, that would be sooooo hard for me to not cave in to those donuts. Glad you are fortified with some good eats Feel better!!! Have a great weekend! Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum, this all looks delicious - especially the waffles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job on the food, Suzy. The shrimp looks wonderful and now I'm craving it.:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. you had me at pumpkin cornbread...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mango with chili and lime??? Oh wow, I'm going to have to give that a go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dillypoo it was just a pinch of chili and some lime juice :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, I just found your blog. I'm new to blogging and look forward to reading yours!

    Did you make that muffin? I'd love the recipe!

    ReplyDelete