The Dr also asked me to not take calcium because I already have stenosis (hardening/blockage) of my arteries and high blood pressure (which is fine as long as I take my meds) and they're now saying that people with heart disease who take large does of calcium have a higher risk of stroke!
I'm not a Dr and please consult your own Dr if you have questions.
Breakfast: (before the Dr's):
Egg substitute omelet, turkey bacon, whole wheat english muffin with no sugar jam
My appointment was for 11 am and Ralph's wasn't until 1:40 so I took a smoothie and a yogurt to hold me over. A cookie dough smoothie! I'm sorry I don't remember the name but someone on NutriMirror had this recipe. I have tweaked it a little :)
I used: 6oz almond breeze
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 Tbsp of agave
1 frozen banana
20g peanut flour (for protein)
Dinner was a bbq'd hamburger and some side veggies
Recap for the day:
1. Were my calories between 1200-1300?= 1255
2. Did I exercise today?= Between our appointments I walked up and down every aisle of a huge walmart without stopping for approx 40 minutes so yes :)
3. How many cups of water?=I've drank 6 cups so far and I should easily be able to get three more before bed
4. Did I journal my food?=yes
5. Did I have any issues today?=not really!
Tomorrow I'm spoiling myself, I'm going to a running store to be properly fitted for running shoes. I'm also stopping at one of my favourite European grocery stores to pick up a few things :) Oh and if I have the chance I'm picking up a new water bottle at Starbucks!
This challenge might get a big difficult in the next week or so, I'm on holiday and we do plan to eat out a few times. I'll try to make good choices and life goes on.
I'm having problems commenting on a few of your blogs so don't think I'm ignoring you!