Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A personal challenge starting tomorrow!


They were calling for thunderstorms last night so far no sign of them but it is humid today.

I made an egg sandwich, grapefruit and a cup of coffee on the side this morning. Just what I needed!

Tonight is the annual general meeting for the board that I'm a member of! A really nice dinner and some inspiring speakers. Just going to eat as healthy as I can and not worry about how many calories there are as I just wouldn't be able to guess anyway.

There are 100 days between tomorrow and my 50th birthday. I need to start getting serious about getting to my goal weight. So every day between now and then (as long as the comp is working) I'm going to keep myself accountable on this blog.

I'm going to answer 5 questions everyday starting tomorrow:

1. Did I keep my calories between 1200-1300? I'm only 5' 0" this is a good amount for me!
2. Did I exercise for at least 30 minutes 5 days a week? (some days will be no because they will be my rest days.
3. Did I drink at least 8 cups of water?
4. Did I journal my food?
5. What am I having a hard time with? Or am I having a hard time?

I'm doing this for me! Anyone who would like to set up their own challenge for the next 100 hundred days starting tomorrow is welcome. Maybe once a week I can update how I'm doing and invite you to share how your doing?? What do you think?

8 comments:

  1. Calories and or carb/count?
    And or fat grams....
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good challenge and being on a your team would be good. How would we keep up with each other/ Will you be adding a tab on your blog to check progress, and if you do, do we need to add one to our blogs? Your so young...To be that age again and know what I know now abut my health. Wow, could I have started NM a long time ago, took better care of myself, and prevented some of my skin cancers maybe.
    I like your challenge and since I am doing those things now, I'd like to be on the team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it! What a differnce 100 days can make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you break it up into 5 simple questions for you to ask yourself. I have a similar approach when things are overwhelming for me. I like to "dumb" it down and make it tangible.

    You are going to look fab for your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzi,
    The clock is ticking on my blog and I'm ready and excited!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in!!!! I need motivation and accountability. So count me in! I'll do the same thing on my blog....answer the same questions (with a slight change or two)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in!! I have a online friend coming for a visit in Nov. so we can finally meet in person. I'd like to reach my goal by then. I'll post daily updates on my blog using a few of your questions and a few of my own.

    This is another one of your ideas that comes at the perfect time!!

    ReplyDelete