Monday, July 11, 2011

It's over!



Well I actually had 2 tendons severed and the nerve severed!! I thought I'd only hit 1 tendon.

Believe it or not I had the surgery done at 4pm and I have to go see the surgeon at 9 am tomorrow.

I'm taking narcotics tonight and will get a prescription for different ones tomorrow. Hope this post doesn't sound too loopy. Narcotics + only using one hand = :) I'm actually not feeling too much pain yet.

The nurses made me laugh by saying how spunky I was straight away when I came to.

I was smart enough to pop a pork roast in the slow cooker before I left and since I had no water or food since midnight last night till 7 pm tonight when i got home it smelled divine!

Oh 30 minutes before I left a package was delivered! I won a package from leslie sansone on twitter and I didn't know what it would be.  It was 4 dvd's with 1, 2, 3, 4 super walks dvd's plus a set of body boost cables.  As soon as I can use both hands I'll use the cables and before that I can do the walks but I think I'll wait a few days :)

I'll be back tomorrow and let you know what the surgeon says.




13 comments:

  1. Glad you came through okay! Enjoy the narcotics and get some rest :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy that everything went well today, Suzi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh babe, no more stabbing avocados from now on!!! Feel better, take those pain meds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you a speedy and event-free recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're practically perfect in every way (just like Mary Poppins).

    * Prepare dinner
    * Get through surgery
    * Charm the nurses
    * Feel no pain
    * Win free stuff
    * Have awesome dinner waiting
    * Blog to your friends!

    Glad to hear you are doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, you are indeed "Spunky". Take care. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy to hear your doing well! Take care of yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you have a speedy recovery

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Big Clyde, but I'll add - no spelling errors in your post also, despite (1) typing with one hand and (2) being on narcotics!! Spunky, I'd say!!! :)
    Good to hear all is good!
    Oh and TWO tendons!! EEK! We were talking about you on our run last night, wondering how things went.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you had one hit of bad luck and turned it into a whole bundle of good luck things. Congrats on your win. And heal quickly, darling! I'm sending "speedy recovery" vibes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Suzy, so glad you came through the surgery. Sending good healthy, healing thoughts across the country to you!!! HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! So glad it's over. I'm sending you lots of "speedy recovery" vibes your way! Oh, & congrats on winning the Leslie Sansone DVDs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to hear the surgery is over and done with! Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete