Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A bit of a downer!

I'm so happy I don't have to wear the splint but my hand is going to need a lot more therapy!!
I didn't realize just how bad it still is :(

I'm not allowed to life anything for the next 4 weeks. And then it's back to the Dr.

The finger doesn't bend much and it's still numb at the tip. All this can still improve for the next 5 months but it's a little depressing right now.

Anyway besides the finger things are going well.

Back to work today and since it's pouring rain outside I may as well be at work :)

Today's nosh (putting it on here today because it's still not easy to type)

It wasn't till I posted the pic's that I realized I didn't have any veggies!! Definitely getting some tomorrow

pumpkin protein pancake with sugar free syrup

banana and peanut butter

meal replacement shake with high protein

almonds with nutritional yeast

1c almond breeze with whey protein and not seen 1/2 cheese bagel

3/4c plain yogurt, 20g peanut flour

12 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that, Suzie - I was thinking though that I think your attitude has been very good with what you've been through. We use our hands all the time - and it's quite noticeable when we've had trauma nothing like yours (hey a paper cut on the finger is ouch!!)!! ((( hugs )))
    We're finally getting rain here now - nothing all day but windy, windy.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have tornado warnings here tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry. It's a long road back from an injury like that, but you can do it. It will get better. The first few days out of the splint are hard and then it'll get better. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear you have so much more PT to go. Looking back your pics you're lucky to still have your fingers. It looks like a very serious and painful injury. Makes my broken wrist look like a walk in the park. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you had a major injury and it takes time
    ((((hugs))))) sis :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're doing great. Healing just takes the time that it takes! Do your physio, but don't overdo things either!

    Thinking of you (and thanking you for your positive thoughts to me too!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh. Poor you. I know you will do the physio that you need to in order to get as close to 100% as you can. So sorry you are going thru this.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you eat! I could eat exactly the way you do. I think I am going to start stealing some of your ideas. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where do you get your peanut flour? I've wanted to try it but don't know where to look!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hilary there's a great store in Canada that has it online. It's in Markham I believe and it only takes a couple of days for them to send me stuff :)
    http://www.thelowcarbgrocery.com/index.php

    ReplyDelete