Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I'm free!!!

Finally the day has come when I can lose this splint :)

Let me start from the beginning.
I was trying to get a pit out of an avocado and the knife slipped and I cut my middle finger. Bad  I thought but not too bad. Well I was wrong, I ended up at the emergency in the hospital and left with this:

Next I had surgery and ended up with 20 stitches but at least I got a better splint :)

Finally I got the stitches out and I couldn't believe how good it looked, but I still needed to wear the splint!!

Today I visited the plastic surgeon and he finally let me lose the splint, even though I have even more exercises to do every hour and I still visit the therapist 2 times a week

I have to admit I making some skinny pina colada's to celebrate :)

13 comments:

  1. It looks like it healed incredibly well! I hope it feels as good as it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That calls for a BIG BIG WOO HOO!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering what happened to you. Somewhere along the line I missed it. So glad you´re alright and your hand is healing well!
    God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Long time in waiting. No more avocado seeds for you! How do you make a skinny Pina? Do tell....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are doing better - what kind of Heart Monitor are you thinking about getting?
    I got to sample two kinds - last week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm very happy that your Frankenfinger is on the mend now.

    Steer clear of those avocados, will ya? Tee-hee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray!! You must feel so much better...it looks like it healed really well! Enjoy your new freedom!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGOSH Suzi, I know you won't believe it, but I was just thinking about you this morning! I can't believe what happened to your hand!!! Glad it is getting better. Plus I read back a few posts, and your exercise regimen encouraged me, because I am facing carpal tunnel surgery next week, and was a little worried that my exercises would go right out the window.

    Man, I'm gonna avoid avocados from now on LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ouch ouch and ouch again! But I'm glad you are doing better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good to hear your hand just keeps improving! You've been very patient, it must be so wonderful to get your hand back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy for you. Must feel so much better. It's really healed nicely!

    ReplyDelete