Sunday, August 28, 2011

Today I'm back in the game!!

Enough sitting around, exercising my middle finger every hour does not burn enough calories :)

I am giving myself a one week challenge.

1. Drink 3 cups of water before breakfast, lunch and dinner and another 3 cups before bed
2. Eat no more than 1300 calories per day
3. Exercise 4 times this week, including running, walking and dance (can't do weights or push ups etc. because of the hand)
4. I will journal my food on my daily nosh blog 

I'm taking back control of the things I can change!!

Today I have a pumpkin theme going on because it was feeling cooler and I have a can of pumpkin :)

3 cups of water
1/3c oats, 1/3c pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, 1 egg white, 1/8c sugar free maple syrup

3 cups of water
1c almond breeze, 1/3c pumpkin, 1/3c plain yogurt, whey protein, banana, cherry tomatoes

3 cups of water
coconut water
1 slice of pepperoni pizza, cucumber, tomatoes, plain yogurt, tart cherries, 1 Tbsp agave nectar

3 cups of water
glass of wine





10 comments:

  1. I think i am one of the few dieters that dont care for pumpkin

    ReplyDelete
  2. You eat alot of good stuff -
    I want some!
    Hi George!
    I can't tell if George is waving at me - or giving me the bird!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yumm Pumpkin!
    One of the many awesome things about fall!

    TheOtherFreshman15.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it is awesome that you're taking back control! Good luck with your challenge, I have no doubt you'll make it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm, pumpkin - what a good idea! Glad you're making a plan for yourself despite your limitations! Hope it's a good week for you.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go. You are doing awesome. Keep it up and stay focused!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay you for taking control Suzy! I clink my wine glass with you!
    Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you Suzy ! Taking care of things you can control is the way to go. I am sorry to read about your hand/finger...ouchie. Hopefully, you are on the mend now!

    Just curious, what kind of exercises do you have to do for a middle finger ?! I can only think of one & flipping people off can be quite tiresome...LOL

    Roshttp://undercoverweightlossproject.blogspot.com/ie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't know if this makes sense but these are the exercises I do every hour.
    10x push the middle finger towards the palm
    bend the top 1/3 of the finger 10x
    bend from the middle of the finger 10x
    hold the other 4 fingers while moving the middle finger back and forth (and yes it looks like i'm practising for the best bird flip.
    I use my good hand to help me make a fist and try and hold it (the bad finger can't stay in that position) 5x
    Then try and close the hand to a fist on it own! And no it doesn't do it yet :)
    And that's every hour.
    Oh and massage the scar 2-4x a day with ointment.
    Ok I'm tired just typing that!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I tried pumpkin in my whey shake last week and I didn't like it. I might have to try a different brand and pick up some of the fancy spices.

    ReplyDelete