Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Visit with the plastic surgeon!

Had to wake up early today because I had an early appointment with the plastic surgeon that operated on my hand.

I knew I wouldn't have much time to eat breakfast so I made some baked mango blueberry oatmeal yesterday and I just had to reheat it today. I did put some sugar free syrup on top a peach on the side and a coffee  :)

I've been in a real baking mood this week! Pumpkin muffins, peach muffins, baked oatmeal with blueberries and mango, roasted tomatoes and I froze a pile of raspberries and peaches. I love when I get in the mood to bake like that.

Anyway the appointment went pretty well. He said I'd done an awesome job on the therapy. Both tendons that were severed are working independently however when I try to close my fist that finger doesn't bend to touch my palm :( He said it's because it takes 2 tendons to do that at the same time and the scar tissue between both is stopping it. I'm supposed to give it 2 or 3 months and see if it bothers me enough to want the surgery. The down side is that if I do get it done I will have to go through the same healing process and time as the original surgery and I just don't know whether I want to do that!!

O.k on a happier note I'm cleared to be able to lift weights but to start slowly and not to lift to heavy for the next 2 weeks. I also don't have to see him again unless I want the surgery. The other good news is that I only have physio for another 2 or 3 weeks :)

Before I left I did a stretching routine and I just finished doing some core work and weights! Next I'm going on a nice walk.

Oh yeah I'm back!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are healing well. I hope the tendons do get a little better over time and you don't have to have another surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear things are going well. I'm glad your hand is almost back to normal. I hope it continues to improve and that no further surgery is necessary. Hang in there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great you're healing up well. I'm guessing the hand will continue to get better as the months go by and you are working it more. Baking is always fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good news - hope the next two months improve things even more for you!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete