Sunday, December 25, 2011

A quiet Christmas Day

A quiet Christmas day.

Started today with some fruit salad and a coffee.  I'm eating more calories at dinner so breakfast and lunch were light.

Lunch was some cheese and veggies and grapes

Dinner was roasted turkey breast, stuffing made with no butter, kale salad, home made cranberry sauce (no sugar) and 2 glasses of wine.

For exercise today we were going to go visit one of Ralph's sisters but they were going to Niagara falls to see the lights and we just didn't want to do that. Her husband has alzheimers and it's very hard to be in a car for that long with so much arguing going on. Especially on Christmas Day!

We still went on a bike ride and for me it was the first time since my hand surgery so yep going on a bike which you haven't ridden for 1 1/2 years is HARD :) And yes I had to stop and walk a couple of times. That's o.k one of my goals this year will be to consistently bike and go for nice rides with Ralph.

Hope you had a great Christmas also!

11 comments:

  1. Your food looks so good for today. I'm glad you enjoyed the bike ride. I'm out of practice too. I will try to remedy that when the weather is better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh babe you are a Saint!! I ate soooooo muh food today, a small families worth!!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your food looks really colorful! My family is a "meat and potatoes" family, and I always seem to get a carb overload when I'm home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you did an amazing job on Christmas day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are angelic in your choices:)
    An inspiration to get back on track and back on my bike!!

    hugs

    Sheilagh
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am totally going to try the kale salad. Thanks for the idea! Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like you had a very nice Christmas day. :-)

    I love that you "balanced" out your meals... that is one of my goals now, to learn to do that consistently.
    Such lovely photos! The fruit one especially was a work of art. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. And Merry Christmas light day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found your blog and love it!! I may reference it in mine if it's ok. Here is my question.... How do you feel about fat free cheese?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well here in Canada there aren't too many fat free and I've heard the taste wasn't so great. I stick to low fat or light cheese and love it. Then again I'll use regular cheese but I journal that as well :)

    ReplyDelete