Friday, December 23, 2011

Staying strong and a recipe

Today started the way I want everyday to start feeling strong and drinking water :)


Breakfast was bacon and eggs, a slice of toast with butter and a side of grapefruit!


For lunch I decided to have some veggies, cheese, clementines and some sweet potato chips.


Dinner was cabbage roll casserole with a light beer glass of wine :)


Here's the stuffed red pepper soup recipe that I found here by the way Gina has some fantastic recipes be sure to check out some of her other recipes for some great ideas! She kindly allowed me to share her recipe. The photo is from last nights dinner. Did I mention hubby had seconds?? It was really good.


Stuffed Pepper Soup
Skinnytaste.com
Servings: 6 • Size: 1 1/3 cups soup, 1/2 cup rice • Old Points: 5 pts • Points+: 7 pts 
Calories: 261.2 • Fat: 4.8 g • Carb: 37.5 g • Fiber: 4.7 g • Protein: 17.6 g • Sugar: 6 g
Sodium: 606.3 g  (without salt)


Ingredients:

  • 3 cups cooked brown rice
  • 1 lb 95% lean ground beef
  • 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
  • 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
  • 1 cup finely diced onion
  • 3 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 2 cans (14.5 oz each) cans petite diced tomatoes
  • 1 3/4 cups tomato sauce
  • 2 cups reduced sodium, fat-free chicken broth
  • 1/2 tsp dried marjoram
  • salt and fresh pepper to taste

Directions:

In a large pot or dutch oven, brown ground meat on high heat and season with salt.Drain fat if any, reduce heat to medium-low, then add peppers, onions and garlic.Cook about 5 minutes on low heat.

Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, marjoram and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and simmer on low heat for 30 minutes. Serve about 1 1/3 cups of soup in each bowl and top with 1/2 cup cooked brown rice.

Makes about 8 cups.



Now I'm off to put my feet up and enjoy my fake fireplace and of course Snuffy and Ralph :)



3 comments:

  1. That fire looks so inviting...
    and the food - awesome, as usual!
    HAve a fun night in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That recipe looks so yummy! I think I may try making it soon. I'm always looking for good soup recipes. :)

    ReplyDelete