Monday, January 30, 2012

Back to a normal week

Sorry I wasn't around this weekend. I've decided that I may not post on the weekends. It's just crazy at work and I work till 10pm on Saturday night and I'm back at 8am on Sunday morning. Doesn't leave much time to blog. So don't worry if I'm not around on the weekends. If I have time I will post :)

On to today:

Breakfast: 1 egg, bacon, 1 slice of toast with 1 tsp of butter, 1 cup of oj and my usual kefir and coffee with light 1/2 and 1/2 on the side.

We went to the mall today and I just didn't want to have to deal with the food court so I took a protein drink and drank water :)

Dinner: I tried a new recipe tonight. I tried a scalloped potato gratin but I also added some ham. (o.k I forgot to put the ham in until I already had the dish ready to go in the oven) On the side was some roasted broccoli and some beans and carrots and yes a golden beet. The recipe for the scalloped potato did not turn out the way I wanted it to but hey you win some and lose some! I also had a glass of wine with it.

I drank 8 cups of water today so far.

Since my knee is still not 100% instead of walking with my walking group I went on a short walk this morning and I also walked around the mall. Enough on my knee for one day.
It was beautiful all day until I got home and now we've got a major snow storm happening!

4 comments:

  1. I don't usually post on weekends, either. There's too much going on. Your food looks great! Also, good idea to pace the knee. Take it from one who knows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the weather you have up there....
    It's awesome - to look at in pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want you to come to my house and cook for me, just so I can take photos of the all the prettily prepared food!

    ReplyDelete