Saturday, January 21, 2012

Ouch!

By the time I'd finished work last night every single muscle in my body ached. Maybe coming down with a cold?? No idea

Woke up this morning feeling the same. Did some foam rolling which seemed to help a bit but I'm still sore. I'm not doing any workout today, I think going to work will be enough of one :(

Anyway this morning started with a banana protein pancake with some coconut butter and sugar free syrup. Kefir and coffee on the side as always.

Yesterday I only managed to drink one cup of green tea so today I'm shooting for two.

Lunch was easy some scrambled egg with light laughing cow cheese, beet green with 1 tsp butter and a kiwi. I bought some beautiful golden beets this week and they had a lot of greens on them. Wasn't sure whether they would be good just stir fried with a green onion and topped with a tsp of butter but they were sooooooooo good!! Will be doing this again.

I'm taking to work a protein drink and an all bran bar and I've planned to have a mocha latte as well :)

Hope your having a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Get well! There are so many bugs going around - my cold is still here, but hardly anything, yet not gone either. Lots others are worse than I am - some cold seems to end w/ pneumonia. EEK!
    DAwn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love the recipe for that pancake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you aren't feeling well, Suzy. I hope it isn't a bug and that you are fine tomorrow. Hang in there. Food looks great again.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though I don't like beets, I'll bet I would like the greens. So far I've never met a green I didn't like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meghan these are heavier type pancakes because I don't want to be hungry an hour later :)

    3 Tbsp whole wheat flour
    2 Tbsp of soy protein powder (or whatever you use)
    sweetener
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    1/3c egg substitute
    I add as much almond breeze as needed to make a pancake consistency. Slightly thicker than regular pancakes.
    Now comes the fun add whatever you want. Blueberries, banana, cocoa and banana, pumpkin etc.
    Make sure to let it brown before trying to flip. I like one big one but you could make smaller ones.

    ReplyDelete