Monday, January 23, 2012

Rain and walking :)

I made a blueberry banana baked oatmeal for breakfast this morning. I got the idea here but I tweaked it using no nuts and when I put it into my recipe builder it came out to 121 calories/serving for 8 servings :) Can't beat that!

So today started with 2 servings of baked oatmeal with a drizzle of maple syrup, an egg and some ham on the side. Kefir and coffee.

I threw lunch together quick because I'm going to meet Jen at Starbucks before meeting my walking group! Yes I'm feeling a bit better today. Keeping my fingers crossed that it stays that way :) I was enjoying Jen's company so much I forgot to take a pic!

Walked with the walking group for the best part of an hour. Ended up walking over 3 miles!

Making a new recipe tonight! Skinny Salisbury Steak with mushroom gravy, baked fries and roasted broccoli. Mmmmmmmm........ YUMMY!! Thanks Gina :)



6 comments:

  1. Your meals looked really good today. Thanks for sharing the link for the blueberry banana muffin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The oatmeal thing inspired me - its almost 9pm and Im trialing a version in the oven right now. I, like you, omitted the nuts. I also used rasberries instead of blueberries, only one banana, no honey, added some splenda and cocoa powder, and used unsweetenned almond milk for the milk. Very curious if it will set right. I was looking for a "on the go" version of my favorite oatmeal to eat on the way to work... fingers crossed! Thanks for the inspiration!

    Christina
    http://last-weight-loss-journey.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks great but the salisbury steak looks WONDERFUL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love trying new recipes. god bless the internet! What did we ever do before we had google search?? Lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOH...must bake myself some oatmeal soon. And I LOVE the squirrel pics. So cute. Enjoy your Tuesday Suzy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Gina's recipes! I must have missed that one - yum!

    Glad you got such a nice walk in!

    ReplyDelete