Monday, February 20, 2012

It's Family Day!

This weekend was a bit crazy. It was busy, I never seemed to have enough sleep and I was generally grouchy. Oh well now my weekend begins :) For those that don't know I'm a supervisor at a coffee/donut shop Thursday to Sunday. For those that are in Canada you probably know it's at a Tim Hortons. Well this week officially starts Roll up the rim to win which means it will be nuts for the next couple of months.

Any way back to today. Today in Canada it's family day.

Family Day is the third Monday of February and observed as a public (or statutory) holiday in the three Canadian provinces of Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Ontario. (Manitoba celebrates Louis Riel Day and it's Islander Day in Prince Edward Island.)

Once I was up I checked the Weather Network on my computer.  It said it was -10C (14F) but it would be going up to 1C (33.8F) this afternoon!! Yep I decided to wait a while :)

While I was waiting for it to warm up I made breakfast. I may have burnt the bacon but it was still tasty!

After snuggling with Snuffy I decided to be brave and go outside for my walk. I never regret going on my walks but I do regret it and feel guilty when I don't. I have to admit I had a nice hot cup of gunpowder green tea to warm me up first! I ended up walking for an hour today.

Lunch ended up being some veggies, beet chips,(I forgot to buy beets) 2 Tbsp Sabra roasted garlic hummus, jalapeno cheese, an orange, activia yogurt and a Tbsp of ground flax seed.

Today I drank 3 cups of water before breakfast, lunch and dinner. Good way to get my water in.

Dinner was something new. Chicken and broccoli noodle casserole. I was going to have beet greens but since I forgot to buy them and all the stores are closed today I went with some kale I had in the fridge. I will definitely be making this again. Thanks Gina!!

I had a snack today of a cup of vitasoy  holly nog warmed up and a cheese stick!

Wishing you a happy family day :)


7 comments:

  1. In the US today is President's Day. It is a stupid reason for the mail not to run. :) Family day is something I could get into. That makes much more sense than a President's Day. Can you tell I'm not fond of Obama? I voted for him (Shh. Don't tell anyone) but I'm very disappointed in how he has handled things. Enjoy you day, Suzy.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness the Chicken and broccoli noodle casserole looks absolutely amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was Presidents day here in the States and all of the stores and malls were open with great sales. Too bad Monday is payday and all of the banks were closed, ugh. Good for you getting out there and walking in the cold, I have never even been in weather that cold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Family Day to you - we are all like a big Blogging Family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the idea of Family Day. :) Looks like a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love super crispy bacon like that - my husband likes it barely cooked at chewy - ew!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those all look like good eats, I like my bacon a little burnt. I haven't had bacon in a longggggggg time though. Sigh. Family Day sounds like a winner!

    ReplyDelete