Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My plan for this week!



I have a bad habit of starting something then giving up quickly only to try something that I think will work better. I really have to stop doing that. Why?? Because I'm just going round in circles and not going anywhere fast!

I have gained weight that I need to get off. I don't feel healthy.

So I'm going to get back to what works best for me. I'm getting back to basics. I really do think that what works for one doesn't necessarily work for others. The best part is that the hubs is going to be joining me :)

This is what has worked for me in the past:
  • Drinking at least 9 cups of water
  • Walking/working out at least 5 days a week
  • Keeping my sodium below 2,000mg
  • Planning my meals in advance
  • Not being necessarily low carb but watching my carbs and keeping them under 150g/day
  • Blogging every day and reading and leaving comments on other blogs. 
  • Journaling online
  • Getting up early
I work afternoon shift so it's been very easy to sleep in. When I sleep in it's not as easy to find time to work out, to keep up with cleaning the house, it's harder to get all my water in and there's less time to blog :( So today I got up early, it sucked but I lived!

I started today by drinking 3 cups of water and doing some squats/crunches and girly pushups. 

Then I had a coffee and grabbed a bowl of fibre one cereal with skim milk, banana and walnuts. 2Tbsp kefir and 2 Tbsp 5% cream for coffee.

One thing I can't plan today is dinner. I have a meeting which includes dinner and I never know what it will be but I'll just choose the best I can. I am taking a container of fruit so that I won't be tempted with any dessert.

3 more cups of water :)

Since I got up earlier today I had time to go for a walk :) I ended up walking for  35 minutes. I'm also going to get some walking in on the way to my meeting. That is another one of my plans to get extra movement/exercise in whenever I can.

Lunch was simple: veggies, cheese, a couple of olives and an apple with some pb2 mixed with yogurt.

Something else I'm doing is making some containers of veggies and fruits in the fridge ready to grab for both myself and the hubs. Also buying cheese in individual portions. Quick and easy!!

3 more  cups of water. And I've got my 9 cups in.

Anyway enough rambling for today. Tune in tomorrow for more :)



7 comments:

  1. It is a little hard from January on to not look at what everyone else is doing and want to hop on that wagon. Especially if they are doing well! You know what works for you and that is the good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, it *never* occurred to me to mix PB2 with yogurt. I read this blog at work, so as soon as I got home I mixed 1/4 c of nonfat French vanilla Greek yogurt with 2 tbsp of PB2 then dipped banana slices in it. it was wonderful, thank you for the great new snack option!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are all great things on your list, Suzi! I find much the same to be true for myself. I find so much inspiration in your pictures and days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the ideas. I too need to try to get up earlier in the morning. I think it would help me get my exercise in. Also liked your goal about drinking so much water.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzi good for you, knowing what works and getting back at it. It should help with hubs doing it. I find that as long as I journal, drink water, and calorie count has all been helping me this year. I do have to step it up with the exercising for sure. That is the one I find so hard because I am always so tired, but after I do exercise I do feel better, now I just need to be consistant. keep it up my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what you said about getting up early and get going. If I don't do my workout in the morning I am really good at finding reason not to get it done later, like now. I have a day off but had meant to get an early workout in. I had turned off my 4:15 alarm and didn't wake up till it was time to take my daughter to school. I AM going to go here in a few.. probably when I get done reading here :D

    ReplyDelete