Friday, May 25, 2012

I'm going back!

This is one of the hardest posts I've made.

As you probably know I waffle a lot! I count calories for a while, I do weight watchers, I was even going to do low carb (I have kidney problems so I can't). I read every weight loss book that comes out, hoping it will be the one that sticks with me. When I get bored I change what I do. Lately I just haven't been sticking to any one thing.

Well for the last few days (did you notice I wasn't blogging much?) I've given serious thought as to what has worked for me in the past, what doesn't work and what I'm willing to do to shed some of this weight. As you know I'm a foodie, I love cooking food, eating food and anything to do with food. But that isn't always the healthiest way to be. I'm still going to cook and eat food I love but I need to deal with food in a different way.

The Biggest Loser Challenge I'm in I love. It really is helping to connect with others. So I'm definitely going to stick with that.

The only time I got to a feel good weight (goal weight) was with Weigh Watchers. Now I'm smart enough now to know that I can't just eat whatever I want within my points and be healthy. I also love eating healthy most of the time. Yes there are times when I don't show snacks I've had. Or when I don't blog you know I'm not eating on plan. So my weight has been slowly going up and up.

So today I made a decision to join Weight Watchers online. I signed up for 3 months. I've made a commitment and I will stick to it for the next 3 months and then I'll re-evaluate if I need to. I'm on a mission to feel healthy, strong, living life to the fullest.

The one thing I love about Weight Watchers is that you don't have to be perfect. You can make mistakes and still stick with it.

I also decided that if just the online version isn't enough then I will go to meetings. I'll have to bike to them but it is definitely do-able. I did go back to the meetings before but felt like an outsider for being a lifetime member coming back. But hey I'm a big girl and if I need to go back I will.

I will also be doing my weekly walking group when possible and when I can't I'll do it by myself.
I'm going to be doing weekly weight workouts and well as yoga for stretching.

I will post daily the points I use and my exercises.

I need you guys to call me out when I'm too quiet. Or haven't blogged. Just a quick kick :)

I hope you guys stick around to see the changes I make. I couldn't have made it this far without my wonderful family and my fellow bloggers.





9 comments:

  1. I'm giving you a big bear hug! Good luck with Weight Watchers olnine - I know you'll do well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ((((hugs)))). Don't feel like an outsider at meetings. For me and all my WW buddies at my meeting lifetimers are an inspiration. In fact several of my WW buddies are lifers that still come to meetings every week. We aspire to be like you and get that free seat!!!!
    Good luck with WW online

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why was it such a hard post? Girl we all change it around, 2 steps back... 3 forward. WWers is an AWESOME program, you will figure this out!!!

    And yes I will be emailing you if you are quiet on the blog front!!!

    (((((((((hugs))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! I love Weight Watchers. I've been a member for over 7 years a lifetimer for 4 and now I work as a receptionist. Never feel bad about coming to meetings. It's such a supportive environment. I'm excited to hear how you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Probably one third of the people in my Tuesday morning meeting are lifetime. They only make money on us if we go two pounds over our goal weight and we get free etools. My meeting is huge with 100 to 150 or more attending regularly. I hope this works for you again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will do great with WW...as you know, its my favorite program too! It really is something that you can make a lifestyle change and stick with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post and applaud you for doing something positive to change things up!! BTW, you say you get all the weight loss books. I bet you didn't read my new one yet lol!! I am sure you will do well with WW.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do the exact same thing - I go back to WW every time I feel like Im stalled. Eventually though I start doing it on my own again and until i need the push because I stalled or slacked off. I always feel like I work the system on WW and cheat here and there because I know I will still lose.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you ... I have been going back to Weight Watchers for 32 years ... if I go up a little I go back to get back down. It always feels good to get back on track. They really mean it when they call you a Lifetime member!

    ReplyDelete