Monday, May 28, 2012

It was a great day and then we heard some sad news

I'll tell you the good first.

First I woke up early so I could get to where I volunteer to stuff envelopes. Lots of fun!

But first I made some oats with cherries and flax seed and an egg white. 2 Tbsp of kefir and 2 Tbsp of 5% cream for coffee = 5 points

I packed up some food to take with me so I wouldn't be tempted with the pizza. Looks weird but I took cucumber rounds so I could put some Noah Martin summer sausage rounds on along with a dab of caramalized onion relish!  Yummo. Extra veggies on the side as well as some avocado mixed with lime juice and red pepper flakes = 4 points Except that I left it in the fridge. But I left it in the fridge :( I ended up leaving before the pizza came and just drank lots of ice water which was good because it was sooooo hot today!!

After that I walked for and hour before I met up with my walking group to walk for another 50 minutes. I almost walked for 2 hours today! On the way I picked up a Starbucks iced tea. I also stopped at a Bulk Barn and picked up some great seasonings. 100% chipotle spice, mango and lime spice and some sumac! Can't wait to figure what foods I'll use them with.

Then it was home to make dinner. O.k I ate lunch first!

Lime shrimp skewers with a salad topped with a sprinkle of cheese,some avocado lime dressing and a sprinkle of the new mango lime seasoning I bought. I also had a Canadian Club and Cola cooler. = 11 points

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now for the bad news. We found out that Ralph's niece Linda who was in her 40's will be taken off life support. She has fought a long hard battle with cancer.  She was a very caring nurse. She will definitely be missed by all who were fortunate enough to meet her.


5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry Suzanne. It's very hard to lose a family member, but especially hard when the family member is so young. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Suzy, I am so sorry to read about Ralph's niece. My thoughts are with you and your family in this difficult time. Take care! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im so so sorry for your loss.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sad, our condolences to you Ralph and her family xxx

    ReplyDelete