Monday, June 25, 2012

Downsizing!

Lately I seem to not be focusing on doing what I know I need to do to be healthy.

I've also been spending way too much time on the computer! Don't get me wrong I love blogging and I love reading other blogs but my list of blogs on google reader was way too many to be able to keep up to.  I went through the list for the the last 2 days and deleted those who haven't blogged for a year and those who I really don't connect to. (Some hadn't updated since 2009!) Honestly if I went a day or two without keeping up on my blog reading I would never be able to catch up :( And those I do love to read I wasn't commenting on them very often because I had too many others to read through! Now when I go to check on new blog posts I'm seeing those that I really like reading and it's not taking any where near as long to go through them.

So that's one way I've downsized.

I don't know whether this happens to others trying to live healthier or lose weight but just when I think I know what works for me and I'm doing great I throw a spanner in works. I stop doing what I know makes me feel better and I find myself eating things that are just plain not good for me!!!  And not just food. I find I'm not drinking as much water or exercising as much. I don't know whether I purposely sabotage myself or life just happens but I really have to stop doing this.

So once again I'm taking baby steps towards habits that I know work.

This week?? I'm going to be drinking water before my meals and getting exercise in.

My FitBit should be here today so I think that will give me some added motivation. I'm actually looking forward to it telling me what I do when I sleep. If I haven't told you before I have mild narcolepsy and I'm interested in how many time I waken during the night and how long I actually sleep. In fact that's why I'm getting my daughter one because she's been having a hard time with her sleep as well.

So back to doing what I need to do and part of that is blogging!

8 comments:

  1. I get overwhelmed with all the blogs in my google reader. I keep everything I'm folders so I have a folder for people I connect to another for fitbloggin bloggers and a bunch other folders. It helps me stay somewhat organized.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to your fitbit review. It will be interesting to see if it registers the narcolepsy!

    I was cleaning blogs over the weekend, too. Good to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzi,
    I think it is great that you are in touch with yourself enough to know that it is time to simplify things, and get back to what makes you feel good. I often find myself in this same boat. Life does just happen, sometimes requiring us to make changes to fit what we really enjoy in. I have been wanting to downsize my reading list as well, but always feel bad when I think of deleting those I do not connect with. Through your blog, I think I have found the courage to do just that. If I am not connecting anyway and vise versa, I doubt any feelings will be hurt. I look forward to your fit bit review, I found an ad for one yesterday and was wondering if it would be worth the money or not. Good luck as always on all of your goals!

    Learning To Live Again – My Weight Loss Journey

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are going to LOVE your Fitbit, I think we can be friends on it. Look me up, iamkarlam

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and I are in similar places in both the blogging world and in getting healthier. You have always been an inspiration to me.

    Hugs

    Sheilagh

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahh you know I can relate.
    for me I love to blog read in the morning then Im done.
    all day people tweet their blog posts at me and I just have to tell myself it is OK TO NOT READ.

    it's time to moooove.
    and work ;)
    theres that too.

    Miz.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never heard of the fitbit. I will have to check it out!!

    Stay focused!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just did this over the last month, too - redid my blog list! There were people who just weren't inspiring me (which I'm sure plenty of people think the same of me - lol) and the people who seem to have taken a step away from blogging. I have 4 kids. I have to keep my list pretty short! I could read for days solid, but my family expects clothes, dinner, and attention! How dare they! :)

    ReplyDelete