Sunday, July 22, 2012

Enjoying my day off!

This is the first Sunday I've had off in a long time! And I'm determined to not spend it sitting on the couch all day.

First thing I made sure to do was to go on a nice long walk. Yep mosquito's are not going to keep me away today :) At the end of my walk I went to the grocery store to pick up some ingredients for dinner tonight.

We needed to go to the mall today to get a new bra for my girls and to return something. I love going to that mall because I get lots of walking in too! I just wish it had a Starbucks there because I want to pick up some sugar free mocha syrup. Oh well I'll pick it up tomorrow.

We decided to eat lunch at the mall and Ralph decided to get some Thai soup. I had already planned my lunch so I took it along with me :) Two pictures one before I shake it around and the other the very messy but yummy lunch.

By the time we got home it was time to make dinner. Chef Ralph grilled some amazing steak today. Also had a glass of wine.

Now I'm off to put my feet up and relax.

How was your day???

Today's nosh:

Breakfast: 1 egg, 2 egg whites scrambled with some Dubliner Irish cheese and a slice of Ezekiel toast. 2 Tbsp of kefir.

Lunch: 1/2c cooked red quinoa, broccoli, cherry tomatoes, peppers, green onion, shrimp and some mustard dressing made with braggs/dijon mustard/agave/ginger/seasoned rice vinegar(before and after I shook it all up)

Dinner: Beef tenderloin, carrots, massaged kale salad with 1 tsp olive oil and chili dressing, 3g shaved parmesan and a glass of red wine

Snack: strawberries and low fat ricotta cheese

5 comments:

  1. What a nice peaceful place to walk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those photos. So good to walk in the summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pictures as always. I wish I had taken a beautiful walk yesterday but instead it was just up and down the boring pavement road with nothing interesting to see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a fantastic day of eating. Very well balanced and healthy. Way to go! (Looks delicious, too!)

    ReplyDelete