Wednesday, July 25, 2012

It's not easy but it is worth it!

Yesterday was a weird day, I felt really snacky yet I wasn't hungry. I could easily have eaten a lot more than I did but it would have been for no reason.

Throughout the day each time I had a craving for something I stopped and asked myself if I was hungry. The answer was no. Then I made a huge iced green tea and chugged that down. If I was still feeling as though I needed something I made a decaf coffee!! When it was dinner time I'd planned on salmon but I really didn't want it. I looked in the freezer and there was a pizza there, there was also macaroni and cheese and I could even have gone out to eat. Then I sat down and figured out what I would like that I would enjoy eating and wouldn't be a sodium nightmare. So I made a 1 egg 3 egg white omelet, a piece of Ezekiel toast and some greek yogurt. Tasty and filling and it won't send my blood pressure sky rocketing in the morning. Sodium really does a number on me.

 No idea why this happened but at the end of the day I was really proud that I had stuck to plan and went to bed knowing that I'd had another good day under my belt.

Today so far today I've been fine and no head games going on :)

I prepped my veggies this morning so it would be easy to put together my spring rolls tonight and my first fresh juice!!  I made red juice because that's the one I always get at Thrive. Sooooooooo good! Beets/beet greens/kale/spinach/lime/pineapple/apple. I'm looking forward to doing more soon.

I needed to drop off a movie where I volunteer because they have a movie afternoon once a month that has been a huge success. In order to get some extra exercise in today I walked from the bus depot to the office and then walked back to the bus depot. I also got off the bus a long way before home so I walked the rest of the way home. Yep now I'm hot and tired but still smiling!!

Today's nosh:

Breakfast: 1 egg 2 egg whites scrambled, 1 cheese stick, 1 slice Ezekiel toast, almond breeze for coffee and 2 Tbsp kefir

Lunch: my first home made juice made with fresh beets, apple, lemon, cucumber, pineapple, kale and spinach, 3oz chicken breast, greek yogurt with honey honestly wasn't hungry!

Dinner: I made my first summer rolls with peanut lime dipping sauce and more veggies Thanks to Angela and my daughter for inspiring me :) I even went to an Asian grocery store to find Thai basil. Funny thing all the herbs were marked spices but no names so I had to ask someone which was the Thai basil.

Snack: Jack Links jerky nuggets and bud light lime while sitting outside enjoying the shade :)


8 comments:

  1. Peanut Lime Dipping Sauce, heck yes dip me in that!

    -Patrick
    http://responsibility199.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love summer rolls so much. Especially with peanut sauce!

    Your food always looks delish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was those jerky nuggets tender? I love your spring rolls, they look like they should be in a magazine!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Suzi - thanks for the apple oil trick for my head! :D

    Your summer rolls look amazing! I have the same problem at our Japanese grocery store, hardly anything is in English!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You juice looks WONDERFUL Suzy!!!! And the spring rolls?? YUM!!!! Have a great Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those summer rolls look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm already thinking about when to make them again :)

    ReplyDelete