Sunday, September 23, 2012

I’m so glad that I did it!

I was waffling a bit on doing the 5K walking race today. Actually I was a volunteer sweeper for the 5K because I worked on my feet for 8 hours until 10pm last night and my right foot was aching already. I really didn't want to re-injure myself. It was also supposed to rain and it was only 4 Celsius or 39 Fahrenheit this morning. It was flipping cold!!
 Sad smile
But then I got up, saw that the street was dry and I just had to do it. Didn’t hurt that when I peaked at the scale this morning it was showing a new low number!

I had a blast!!! Because we were the sweepers at the back of the 5K walkers we got to cheer on the 10k and 21k walkers with clappers. So Much Fun. I can’t wait to do this every year.
  Smile
This was my favourite policeman waving his pom poms!

Something funny happened today. I was in the grocery store and one of the items I wanted to pick up was some 5% cream for my coffee. I count the points for it and it really is one of the things I like to use. So I'm in the dairy section and I'm ready to grab the 5% cream when I see this:
50% off!! Then I looked at the ingredients and decided that this could end up being a trigger for more sugar so I just grabbed what I usually buy and I'm happy. So far this is what has been happening since I started the simply filling with ww's. It really does make me look at what I'm eating.

Today’s nosh:

Breakfast for champions!! 1 egg, 2 slices canadian bacon, warmed petite pumpkin scone, home made pumpkin butter an orange and some 5% cream for coffee 2pp

Lunch: banana, plums, carrots, cucumber, lean ham, tomatoes and that chocolaty bowl of awesomeness is cottage cheese put in my bullet with some sweetener and dark cocoa. 0pp

Dinner: Italian wedding soup, they had very lean ground chicken on sale so I used that instead of turkey, 2 slices of light whole wheat bread with some olive oil and garlic 2pp Hubs and I both loved this soup the meatballs are amazing!

A big glass of wine for a job well done!! 9pp

5 comments:

  1. BRRRR! Cold morning! Your soup looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so making that soup (with some tweaks to make it paleo) but it looks AWESOME!

    good job on the 5K...even in the cold weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on completing the 5K! The soup looks really good too!

    Danica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for doing the 5k! That's awesome!

    I love meatballs in soup - so satisfying! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete