Friday, October 26, 2012

Grocery shopping then work!

I can’t believe the weather network shows possible snow flakes for Sunday and Monday!! Yesterday was 23 Celsius or 73 Farenheit. Sure wish we’d get a few more of those days.

This morning I had a big grocery shopping list. I also had a new water bottle on my list. I chose this one because it keeps cold drinks cold for 12 hours. I’m always throwing water bottles in my bag or taking them on walks and there’s nothing worse on a warm day than stopping to take a drink and drinking hot water Sad smileI liked the ones at Starbucks because they were glass but so heavy and not insulated.

Look at all the carrots! 10 lbs I'll use them all I'm back to juicing.

Yesterday I made a hair appointment at a pretty fancy hair salon. I’m kind of nervous. Not sure what I want. I think I'll keep it shoulder length. My daughter Jen has 2 gift cards for two different salons so she’s going to use one and I’m using the other one. It will be interesting for sure. I hope she'll be able to come with me.

As you probably know we don't have a car so everywhere we go is either by walking, biking or bus. Well yesterday an email came from the library that there were 3 books waiting to be picked up. So off Ralph went on his bike with his back pack. Oh my they were really big and really heavy. Poor Ralph!! One of my pet peeves is that when you order books you can get them 4 months later and they all come at once. One a month would be good :)

Now I need to go get ready for work. Hope you’re having a great day.

Today’s nosh:

Breakfast: 1 egg, lean ham, slice of whole wheat light bread, 1 tsp olive oil (I really have to remember to get my oils in), a tsp of jam and skim milk for coffee 0pp

Lunch: lean turkey deli meat, veggies, dill dip made with greek yogurt, grapes 0pp

At work: chicken salad made with greek yogurt, 1/2c quinoa, chopped veggies, balsamic vinegar and olive oil dressing 0pp

After work glass of Yellow Tail Cabernet Sauvignon 7pp
  • Weekly pts used: 7
  • Weekly pts balance: 42

5 comments:

  1. Great looking eats Suzy. Good score on those carrots too. Holy smokes..fun juices will be made. I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of the Loonyspoon book. I saw it the other day and wondered if it was just a "redo" of their first books, or new stuff. Have a great Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful.. just awesome looking food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, everything looks so healthy and fresh! Great choices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your food always looks amazing! Especially that dill dip! Do you have a recipe for that? I would love to give it a try sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Serena no recipe I just used plain greek yogurt, some dried dill, some sea salt and lemon juice.

    ReplyDelete