Thursday, November 8, 2012

Definitely not a rest day today!

Yesterday I decided to take a day of rest from exercising. By last night I was regretting it! Actually my knees needed a day of rest and that doesn’t mean that I didn’t do any running around. SmileI never thought I’d be one of those people to  ever say I regretted not working out.

Today I finished W3D2 of the C25K. I can definitely feel it’s intensifying the workouts.

I also needed to go to The Bulk Barn so I dressed warm because it’s really cold here and hopped on the bike. Ralph came along so we could stop for a coffee while out. I think Lori is rubbing off on me Winking smile

Thanks for the compliments on the hair yesterday, today it’s back to it’s curly self. I think I may straighten it sometimes but it’s much easier to let it do it’s thing.

Today’s nosh:

Breakfast: individual small egg quiches, orange, skim milk for coffee 0pp

This is how I make the eggs:

  • 1/2c egg substitute or 1 egg and 2 egg whites beaten
  • 4 good sized broccoli flowers
  • chopped green onion
  • jalapeno (don't need but I love them)
  • shredded light cheese (30g)
  • chopped Canadian back bacon or whatever you have crumbled sausage etc
  • sea salt and pepper

put the broccoli in the microwave until steamed al dente 1 minute or so
put the broccoli is sprayed muffin tins
put chopped onion, cheese and bacon on top
then pour the egg mixture equally over 4 muffin tins (if using bigger tin use 3)
I put them in my toaster oven at 350 while I have my coffee. They will puff up a bit when cooked. Probably 20 minutes or so.

Lunch: veggies, pear, pumpkin cream cheese bread 1pp

Snack: banana 0pp

Dinner: marinated rib eye pork chop, carrot apple salad, mini potatoes, 1 tsp olive oil 3pp The salad was quick to make when I just used the peeler to make thin carrot strips. 3pp (sorry about the lighting) Hubs loved the chops and the carrot apple salad.

After dinner: glass of wine: 7pp

3 comments:

  1. "jalapeno (don't need but I love them)"

    Um, you always need them!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzi, thanks for your comments on my blog and encouragement! Your hair looks great! Must have been nice to be pampered? I love the Bulk Barn too - lots of GF items there, but it can be a dangerous place too... :) Do you ever get their coupons? $3 off $10? Or a $5 gift card when you spend $15? I use them whenever I get them! I also buy my mom's birdseed there. She loves her birds!
    Have a great weekend! I'm looking forward to having coffee w/ my man - he's coming home for 3 days.. :)
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. That quiche looks Fantastic! Who knew broccoli and eggs would pair so well together

    ReplyDelete