Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Fitting in exercise

I don’t know about you but it doesn’t come easily for me to want to exercise. I have many excuses.
 
This morning I got a call to go into work. The thing is it was only for 1/2 a shift.
So I thought well of course I don’t have enough time to work out. I have so many “important” things to do NOT!!!

What to do, what to do. I didn’t want to go outside on a walk because I had a grease all over my head for my psoriasis. I did need to pick up the weights.

So I came up with a plan. Do a DVD workout that uses weights. Done!

Not quite the stupid DVD froze at 30 minutes (guess it's a sign I should get some new ones). Stop now?? NO I grabbed my weights and finished with my own workout that involved biceps, triceps, shoulders and back :)

I honestly am quite proud of myself for getting it done because I really didn’t want to and it would have been easy to just not do it. But you know what?? I don’t regret the workout out today but tomorrow I would have regretted not doing it. Just Do It.

The next two weeks might be tough I'm going to a Chinese buffet next week and the week after I'm going back to the Chinese buffet for a staff Christmas party and the next day is the Christmas party where I volunteer :) My mantras are going to be "must stay strong" "drink lots and lots of water"

Today’s nosh:

Breakfast: Leftover baked oatmeal with pumpkin and bananas, scrambled egg substitute with light cheese and a banana. Almond breeze for coffee 1pp

Lunch: my favourite home made meatless taco salad and yogurt 1pp

At work: I took a Better than a big mac and an apple 3pp forgot to take pic of apple (this was seriously one of the best burgers!)

  • Water: 8c so far
  • Exercise: 30 minute DVD aerobic workout and 20 minute weights
  • Activity points earned: 4
  • Activity point balance: 4
  • Weekly points used: 5
  • Weekly point balance: 44
  • Steps: 8161 so far

1 comment:

  1. Nicely done Suzi. Nicely done. Way to get your exercise in.

    ReplyDelete