Monday, November 5, 2012

It’s Monday!


Believe it or not I love Monday’s. One reason is because I don’t work on Monday and the other reason is because I get to meet up with my walking group Smile

For lunch today I’d planned to have a taco salad but Mondays I always take my lunch with me to eat wherever I am when I’m hungry. I love my meatless taco salads so I decided to improvise. I put together the salad part but instead of putting into a taco shell I baked the tortilla and sliced it up to sprinkle on top just before I eat it! Yummo

I also got my first red cup from Starbucks with the Christmas blend.

I also had to go to an office today because the people we pay rent to said we missed one month (even though they cashed the cheque!) so I needed to fax the forms from the bank to prove that we did indeed pay. The funny part is that if we hadn’t paid we would have been told days later. Ugh!

I ended up getting to where the walking group meets 30 minutes early so I decided to do W2D3 of C25K. I ended up working out today for an hour and a half :)

Tomorrow is my weigh in day and Weight Watchers meeting. I’m really looking forward to it because it’s going to focus on power foods. I really do wish they'd focus even more on using more unprocessed foods as they really do fill you up and don't cause cravings.

Hope your having a great day!

Today’s nosh:

Breakfast: 1 egg, apple turkey sausage, 1 slice light toast and 1 tsp sugar free jam, banana, blackberries and skim milk for coffee 0pp

Lunch on the run: taco salad with meatless crumbles 1pp

Dinner: stir fry veggies, shrimp, 2 tsp olive oil, 1/2 package of Szechuan pepper stir fry sauce 2pp

After dinner: Canadian Club and diet cola 4pp
  • Total weekly points used: 7pp
  • Weekly points balance: 7 Tomorrow is a new week

9 comments:

  1. I would have totally knocked my coffee into the water taking a picture like that LOL!

    I like that WW is focusing on good foods. It is just too hard for them to get away from points and calories and fake food, particularly since the sell a lot of those products!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's true! I actually don't like getting the free samples because I really don't eat those type of things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christmas Blend? sounds interesting, does it taste like peppermint?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not peppermint but a really good coffee :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your food looks delicious.Even though I just ate I want to eat more .You are doing good

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that taco salad looks amazing! I would love the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Serena that taco salad is the easiest lunch to make!
    I used meatless crumbles but you could use meat and I mix it with taco sauce.
    Then I chop lettuce put it on the plate.
    put the meat mix on top.
    salsa
    shredded cheese (the trick is to shred really fine that way you get more volume for less cals)
    jalapenos
    on top a dob og plain greek yogurt
    To make the taco shell take a small tortilla and put it over the bottom of small heat safe bowl turned upside down and press down (I usually spray the bottom of the bowl so it doesn't stick. Pop it in the toaster oven or reg oven for 10 mins or when it starts to get brown. Let cool and you have a bowl to put your salad in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the kale pic Suzi!! Glad it all got sorted at the bank, and glad Christmas blend is back. Have a great Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete