Monday, November 19, 2012

Walking, fun and more walking!

That’s how today went.

I started today by leaving the house and taking an earlier bus than I need to. I did it just so that I could get off of the bus super early and get some extra steps in.

Where was I walking to?? A talent show for adults with mental health issues. I absolutely love volunteering for this agency. I get back 10x what I put into it.
Why did I start volunteering? Well I’ve dealt with clinical depression and my husband has schizophrenia and this is the non profit agency that has helped us for many years.  This is my way of giving back.

After all the fun I walked to a meeting. Now meetings are not always fun but I love being involved with this group. So many people with great ideas. Remember the 5K walking race that I was involved in that uses the money raised to buy people with mental health issues and diabetes new high quality running shoes. Well this is their steering committee and I love being involved.

Thanks Sue for providing great healthy eating options for the meeting. She made amazing garbanzo vegetarian soup and a soup that she had tried in Tuscany and made for us. Totally amazing and so easy to stay on plan!! Sue also provided an assortment of raw veggies to go with the soup. I didn't have any of the bread just because I really haven't been eating it much lately.

Finally got home and now I'm putting my feet up Smile

I managed to get 70 minutes of walking in today.

Today’s nosh:

Breakfast: blueberry almond crunch baked oatmeal, almond breeze for coffee 2pp (I didn’t have blueberries so I used raspberries and blackberries)

Lunch on the go: veggies, light cheese, pear, single serving of Silk Dark Chocolate Almond drink 3pp same pear not two :)

Dinner at the meeting:
1/2 a bowl each of two awesome soups!! Some cucumber and cherry tomatoes :)

  • Water:10c
  • Exercise: walked for 70 minutes 
  • Activity points earned:6
  • Activity point balance:28
  • Weekly points used:5
  • Weekly point balance:35
  • Steps:10,411

4 comments:

  1. Suzuki, you are awesome for volunteering. Happy walking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done for volunteering! I think it's such a rewarding thing to do, I did some during my college breaks but I don't have the time whilst I'm studying as well. Love the look of your breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That muffin deal looks good - Walking is the best thing out there....you have inspired me - yet again!

    ReplyDelete