Sunday, November 25, 2012

Week one of the skinny snowman challenge


Here are the basics of the skinny snowman challenge. You earn points for each of these things. It runs from November 25
  1. Lose weight or maintain weight during December - Weighed in today and will again on Sat
  2. Veggie serving with each meal - Done
  3. 3 fruit servings per day - Done
  4. Log food - Done
  5. Name 5 positive things about each day - Done
  6. 64oz of water per day and if you drink more you get more points - Done 72oz
  7. Meatless Mondays - That will be done tomorrow
  8. Earned 5 pts for every 30 minutes of exercise to a max of 50/week - Done 10 points today
The weekly challenges are:

1. Try a new recipe - corn and crab chowder
2. Try a new workout
3. Eat clean one day (no processed foods)
4. Try a new food
5. Bring a healthy dish to your family gathering
I’m really looking forward to doing well on this challenge. Smile

Unfortunately I’m still sick but I really want to start out strong on the challenge. So today I did W6D1. I ended up working out for 60 minutes.

Ralph found my watch this morning! Guess where it was??? The bottom of the washing machine and it had gone through a wash cycle. Luckily it’s a Timex and it takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'.

5 positive things for today:
  • Found my watch! I’m so happy
  • Really enjoyed my healthy breakfast
  • Still have my cold but I was feeling better this morning
  • Happy to start this challenge. Bring it on!!
  • Completed W6D1 of the C25K I speed walk instead of run but it’s a great workout
So my points for today:
Veggie with every meal: 15
3 fruit servings: 10
log food: 10
5 positives: 5
72oz of water: 10
Weekly challenge: 25
5 pts per 30 minutes of exercise: 10

Total daily points for the challenge: 85

Today’s nosh:

Breakfast: 1 egg, 2 egg white omelette, apple turkey sausage, spinach, cherry tomatoes, cheese, berries and almond breeze for coffee 0pp

Lunch: low carb tortilla, deli turkey, veggies, balsamic glaze, a pear and Greek yogurt 1pp (hazy photo because the camera just came in from the cold)

Dinner: Corn and crab chowder, salad and dressing 0pp

After dinner wine: 7pp

Water: 72oz so far!
Exercise: total of 60 minutes including W6D1 C25K
Activity points earned: 8
Activity point balance: 19
Weekly points used: 8
Weekly point balance: 24
Steps: 10,164 so far

6 comments:

  1. I like your list of positive comments. How cool is it that your watch is still ticking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzi! I am a new reader. I'm going to give this whole being healthy thing another try. I've got a lot of weight to lose and I'm standing at the bottom of the mountain. But it's very encouraging to find people like you who have stuck with it. Plus I love seeing what others are eating ;) Look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great start to the challenge! I wasn't as organized as you yesterday. :D

    I am looking forward to the challenge too - I am posting a pumpkin coconut milk smoothie recipe tomorrow - hopefully the nutritional stats are okay for it!

    Happy Day 2!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bowl of corn and crab chowder is so sexy I think you need to put an adult-content warning on your blog.

    Hey, what time is it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your watch went through the wash and still works? That's fantastic. Hope you feel back to 100% soon!!! Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your food always looks so gorgeous!!!! and i love the 5 positive things you have been doing about your day!

    ReplyDelete