Sunday, December 23, 2012

Wasn't too busy today!

I decided to go to the mall today to look for a cheap game for the Wii that Jennifer got us for Christmas. We found one that we can play darts/shuffle board/arcade games :) Lots of fun to come. We also picked up a couple of movies.

While we were at the mall we went to the food court and ate some Swiss Chalet. Which worked out great. I took my own dressing because I wasn't sure what they had and a clementine. I ordered a quarter chicken white meat and a side salad. For a drink I ordered a bottle of water. That was definitely a non scale victory.

Before I went to the mall I went out to complete Week 4 Day 2 of the C25K. Loved the crisp air.

Something interesting happened this morning.  For breakfast I ate a couple of gingerbread muffins that I'd made the other day (healthy recipe), some Greek yoghurt and an orange. While I was eating it I thought to myself the muffins were o.k but not very sweet and not very big. Then it was a like a light bulb moment. I realized that because they weren't sweet or overly rich tasting was exactly why they were good. I could eat them, enjoy them but not have cravings for more. Not wanting to binge on them was a great feeling. I've slowly come to realize that when I'm eating healthy for me foods that they aren't going to taste like fudge or cake which is exactly why they are good for me.

Today's nosh:

Breakfast: 2 gingerbread muffins, Greek yoghurt, clementine and 5% cream for coffee opp

Lunch: At the mall
1/4 chicken white meat, salad, blue menu dressing from home, clementine, bottle of water opp

Dinner: Kalyn's stuffed cabbage casserole, carrots 0pp

After dinner: glass of wine 9pp


6 comments:

  1. You know it's the same for me if I make something healthy then I don't want to "use" it. I clicked the link for the recipe for the muffins but it didn't take me to it. Hope you have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year if I don't get back here before then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't put a link for the muffins because it's from a site that you pay for certain recipes Wishing you an your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is how I feel!! I finally realized that if something tastes too good...it will screw me up. I will literally stop eating something if I am finding it too enjoyable or delicious. It just leads to trouble for me. I no longer try to even make fake version of it b/c sometimes even those are just as good! So like you I find those middle of the road things that are good enough to eat but not TOO good. I really believe this is a huge key to keeping me on track. I'm glad I'm not alone on that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yum!!! all that looks so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks delicious! Is that a photo of a squirrl!? It's so FLUFFY

    Merry Christmas and have a wonderful rest of 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is definitely a fluffy squirrel :)

    ReplyDelete