Thursday, January 31, 2013

Choices!


We all have choices. What choices we make determines whether we will stay in the same place, move forward or move back.

Today I went out for lunch with my daughter Jennifer. I didn't hesitate for a second. I love spending time with Jen and I know no matter where we went for lunch I could find something that I'd not only enjoy but would fit into my plan.

We ended up going to Beertown in Waterloo. My first time there. Although it was packed I really enjoyed it.

I ate a light breakfast to give myself some extra points for lunch. Lunch was more about the great company than the food. I'm happy with the choices I made.

Crazy weather today! Snow is back and it came in snow squalls. Very windy.


After lunch Jen offered me a ride home but I had to turn her down. I knew if I took the bus home I had planned on getting off early and getting a 45 minute walk in. If Jen drove me home I probably was not going to get any walk in. Choices.

The walk really wasn't too bad.

Since I've had my new phone I've been using Instagram a lot. However sometimes the quality of the pictures is not good, not good at all. So I'm going keep doing instagram but I'm also going to take pictures with my old point and shoot.

Today's nosh:

Breakfast: 1/2c egg substitute omelet, spinach, light cheese, berries and 2 Tbsp 5% cream for coffee

Lunch: Beer garden salad (BEERGARDEN spring mix, Napa cabbage, beets, carrots,
celery, radishes, cucumbers, pickled red onions, beer poached pears, candied pecans,
dried cranberries, Kronenbourg vinaigrette, with 2 slices of arugula & prosciutto bruschetta
The salad was really good! Not too many pecans which probably helps keep the calories down :) The bruschetta came out a lot bigger than I thought it would be so I ate one then just ate the prosciutto from the other one. Hey I have my priorities :) Actually I offered it to Jen but she was full from the beer and cheese soup and fish tacos she ordered. Sorry for the crappy pic!

Dinner: leftover home made hamburger helper, veggies
Water: 8 cups
Exercise: 45 minute walk

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a great lunch! Good choices too!

    Now I want some fresh arugula to eat. That's one thing about winter, I miss my fresh veggies from the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely right...choices. We come up against them all the time and so many times we chose the easy way out. You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made fantastic choices Suzi!!! LOVE the walk pictures, snow and sunshine together? Gorgeous. Have a fantastic Friday.

    ReplyDelete