Saturday, January 19, 2013

I love trying new things!

It's back to work so not much else going on today!

I made overnight apricot ginger oats for breakfast which were really good. Next time I'm going to put more ginger in because I love it :)

I also made for the first time and definitely not the last time cilantro lime quinoa. Amazing. I added some chopped veggies and had some for lunch. Just chopping the onion, garlic, cilantro and veggies made me smile. I have to admit I'm a foodie.

Anyway I must go get ready for work I'll have a longer post tomorrow.

Today's nosh:

Breakfast: overnight apricot/ginger oats, 5% cream for coffee

Lunch: cilantro lime quinoa with chopped veggies, pc blue menu strawberry smoothie bar

Snack: banana, 1 Tbsp peanut butter

Took to work: salad, light Caesar dressing, Parmesan cheese, chicken, bacon and a clementine

8 comments:

  1. That quinoa looks so very good! I have never tried it. Does it taste like plain brown rice (when you don't flavor it) or what?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's kind of like rice but lighter tasting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been seeing quinoa around a lot lately. I might have to give it a try. And a banana with peanut butter is on my favorite snacks when I'm craving sweets. Sometimes I replace peanut butter with nutella if I'm really craving sweets. Or throw a little light whipped cream on top. Tricks my mind into think I'm having a sundae lol

    www.cupcakesandcarrots.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that quinoa!! Definitely awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for posting at my blog! I'm going to be spending a lot of time going thru yours as I'm seeing loads of new ideas for meals! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ive been wanting to try the oats this way.. I will give it a whirl on the weekend.. Everything looks very yummy!!! :()

    ReplyDelete