Sunday, January 20, 2013

It's so cold!!


So cold here today!! -8 Celsius or -18 with the windchill!!

I was tempted to just do some Wii workouts but then I thought no I can dress really warm and still enjoy a walk :) Love talking to myself into things!

Today I also spent quite a bit of time planning my meals for the next week. It really does save me time and stress in the long run.

This week the stress from my housing situation should be resolved. Any day now they should be backtracking because they don't have a leg to stand on.

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day. I'm meeting Jen for a coffee then I'll be off to meet my walking group. After that I'm off to a meeting. I also need to do my weight workout before I go out tomorrow. I think I'll be glad to get home and put my feet up by the end of the day :)

I've been finding quotes are inspiring and repeating them during the day helps to keep my mojo going. Today's is: focus, determination, persistence, clean eating and exercise will make it happen... just keep going! Love it.

I'm way behind on blog reading so I apologize if I haven't left comments lately but I am reading your blog.

Today's nosh:

Breakfast: egg, bacon, slice of Silver Hills Big 16 bread, Jen's home made apple butter and 5% cream for coffee

Lunch: leftover cilantro lime quinoa with chopped veggies, blueberries

Dinner: whole wheat spaghetti, classico 4 cheese alfredo sauce, parmesan cheese (doesn't look like much but it was sooooo good)

After dinner: glass of wine




12 comments:

  1. Where were those forest pics taken? Looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kitchener, Ontario Canada :)
    Woods right behind where I live!

    ReplyDelete
  3. -8? Holy Sheesh! I thought our 23 degrees was bad... YIKES!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was freezing today and the next few days will be worse. You are very brave to bundle up and get out there. Usually I feel better when I talk myself into getting out there too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. DEAR Goodness!
    GO INSIDE an stay warm in front of the nice fire!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pics are so pretty! The pasta looks awesome. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're so dedicated to go for a walk outside in such cold! I live in the south and can barely stand it when it drops below 50!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It doesn't get much better than homemade Apple Butter

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that is cold! I just thought our weather in the 50's was cold! Stay warm!
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are having similar weather here. Tomorrow will be -15 without the windchill - brrrr

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, good for you getting out there with those temps! Love it!

    (and that pasta looks amazeballs!)

    ReplyDelete