Monday, January 21, 2013

My shoes must be wearing out!


As I said yesterday today was a busy day! Lots of running around.

I started today with a great breakfast because I knew it would have to fuel me for a while.

Before I left the house I picked up my weights. I was happy that I was able to increase some of the exercises from 5lb to 10lbs. Managed to do a 25 minute weight workout.

Then I met Jen for a coffee at Starbucks. I'm loving my coffee with 2 shots of toffee nut. Mmmm tastes so good without too many calories.

After getting some much needed caffeine I walked to meet up with my walking group.

I also needed to go to my favourite store (Hickory & Tweed) for some of my favourite coffee k-pods. Jamaica me crazy is one of my favourites.

Then it was back on the road to walk to a meeting.  All in all I walked for over 2 hours today :) Yep, I think I'm going to need new shoes soon.

I loved  this meeting because it's all about the correlation between walking and better mental health.

Today's nosh:

Breakfast: 1/2c egg substitute omelet with baby spinach, onion, light cheese, an orange, a slice of Silver Hills Big 16 bread with 1 tsp of butter and 2 Tbsp 5% cream for coffee

Snack: at starbucks Coffee with 2 shots of toffee nut and 2 tbsp of half and half cream

On the go: 25g of tamari almonds

At the meeting: deli ham, hot salami, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, onion, broccoli, cauliflower, baby carrots, 2 lindt chocolates, green tea (it was set up for sandwiches but I just chose without the bread) no picture as this was during a meeting.

At home: glass of much enjoyed wine :)

11 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a lot of walking, especially with this weather. I am not sure how many kms, but I think its around 500 km for running shoe life for running, so maybe a little more for walking. Make sure your shoes are comfy with all that walking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had them about 9 months so I'm pretty sure I'll get new ones in the spring :)They still look good and feel pretty good but I'm sure they need to be replaced soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am tired just reading about it! But I am relieved that there was no mention of lost glasses. Lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's true Staci! I think I would have given up if I'd lost them again today.
    After the last time I realize they're scratched and I'll actually have to replace them :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay now I am humbled.... I was complaining to my husband just this morning about how cold it is this morning... at 54 outside.... you are awesome lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. In my best John Wayne voice..."Well I admire your spunk little Suzi:)"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that my friend is dedication! I'm such a wimp in the cold!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woo good for you for getting out in the cold. I just ran and hid away from it LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This morning is even colder with the windchill of -25!!! And yes I'm getting out again today but totally dressed warm :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning. -28* without the windchill so I rode the bike at the gym for 18 miles. My puppies so want to get out for a walk. Not in the cards today but hopefully it warms up a bit since I also need to check on the cabin down the road. Love your omelett. I made scrambled eggs with peppers and a slice of cheese for lunch and 3 sausages. Blueberries and a banana too. Now ready to get back into the bus with my students and get them home for dinner.
    Blessings and keep up the great work.
    P.S. It's -16* now but the sun is shining!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you getting in all that walking!

    I am going to take your cue and try to get my ass to the gym before work and walk for 45 to 60 minutes.

    That way, if life gets in the way I at least know that I got the walking in.

    But right now that omelet is calling my name - hello cheese!

    ReplyDelete