Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Where were you when the lights went out!

After I published the post last night the power went off!! For over an hour.

Candles came out, and thank goodness for my new phone, we were able to get the local radio station that told us what was going on.

Actually it turned out quite romantic. Candle light, wine, and me :)

What wasn't romantic were the number of trips to the candlelight bathroom because I drank so much water. lol

There was a small accident with a candle which I won't go into but I will say please be careful with candles.

Today I needed to photo copy some important papers and get them mailed. I also ended up going on a walk. No snow!! 11 Celsius this morning.

I don't know whether I ever said what happened but a while ago Ralph fell in the shower. Being the good wife that I am I went out and got a mat that was supposed to be slip proof. Unfortunately the first time I put my foot into the bathtub the mat slipped and I had a huge bruise on my knee. So today I bought some non slip strips to put on the bath and thank goodness there should be no more slipping.

The water is going down again today. I won't say it's easy but I'm getting it done.  Did you make a challenge?? How's it going??

Today's nosh:

Breakfast: Bob's red mill mighty tasty hot cereal, berries, 1 Tbsp sugar free syrup, 2 Tbsp 5% cream

Lunch: veggies, clementine, pc blue menu blue cheese dressing, Kashi cherry dark chocolate bar

Dinner: Home made hamburger helper, brussels sprouts, 1 tsp olive oil

After dinner: glass of red wine


6 comments:

  1. Wine sounds great - have a glass for me! Food looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am betting our power will go out tomorrow. We have a high wind warning and that usually spells power trouble.

    I need to try that hamburger helper. I used to love that stuff, but haven't had it in years because of the junk in it. Off to check out that recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looked at the recipe and may give it a try. I make a ground beef with tomato sauce and macaroni dish that we call goulash but this would be something different. For the goulash I only use four ounces of beef or turkey for both of us. Thanks for sharing the recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love meals like Hamburger Helper-type. It has been years since I have had it but it's comfort food to me! I may give a healthy version a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to be careful on my water... Not to drink too much!!! Now I add Crystal light and fruit to my water.... But it still counts.... Errrr .... Right???

    Lol. Wine ::::::drool::::::

    ReplyDelete
  6. You crack me up with the romantic "candles, wine and me"
    Hope there is no more slipping and no more power outages Suzi. Cheers to a glass of wine!!!

    ReplyDelete